Tuesday 23 October 2007

The Saint has returned!!!

Its been a while, a combination of a loss of faith and an excess of work has kept me away but I have returned.

Saint's start to the season has been so mixed that I haven't known whether to laugh or cry!! For the neutral it has been a joy. Before the weekend our games had contained the most goals in the football league. But from the weekend there seems to be a hope. Dailly has made such a big impact since coming in. His experience and quality seems to have rubbed off. Even Alan Bennett who started the season looking like a pub league player against an average Palace attack, has become a confident, composed player against a far better Cardiff front line. We just need to end our defender injury jinx and we should be fine.

Couple this improvement in the defense with some good finishing by the strikers and we have a recipe to push for promotion. My first impression of Stern John was that he was pretty lazy, lacked pace and presence, but like Rasiak, he just scores goals!! Can't ask for more! Below is the goal from Sunday, great ball through by Idiakez.

2 comments:

David Stefanini said...

Hi, I love how you are running this blog. I just started a blog of my own and I was wondering if you would like to do a link exchange with my site. My site can be found at:

Absolutesportsreport.blogspot.com

If you want to do this, just leave a comment on my site, on any post, and I’ll link you later that night.

Thanks,
Dave

Anonymous said...

Well written article.